Thursday, November 08, 2007

I LOVE AUTUMN

View from a friend's apartment
Autumn in the West End


"I saw old Autumn in the misty morn
Stand shadowless like silence, listening
To silence

Thomas Hood 1791845 Ode: Autumn 1827 st 16



In the neighborhood where I live the streets are lined with trees and at this time of year it's very colorful. I love walking through fallen leaves. It reminds me of my childhoods in Ontario when we used to build forts and pretend houses and rake the leaves into big piles, then jump in them.

These are the colors of Autumn: red, brown, yellow, ocher, orange, purple. I enjoyed walking around the city taking photos of the autumn colors. But very soon the trees will be bare. Winter is creeping up very quickly. I'm thinking of that song When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall...There's something very melancholy about that song, but it's beautiful just the same.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: