My friend Michael over at Popcultureinstitute http://popcultureinstitute.blogspot.com
has challenged me to a meme about "4's". Seems a good way to pass away another afternoon indoors where I've been recuperating from a nasty chest cold that has laid me low for a week now. So here goes: and I might challenge you too!
FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD:
1. scraping carrots in a cannery (my first job, age 16. lasted til the first payday then I left. Never ate another canned carrot after that!)
2. copy-runner in the editorial department of the Vancouver Sun. Had dreams of becoming a crime reporter. Ended up in charge of crime files in the news library. Best job ever!
3. file clerk in the office of a moving/storage company. Ditto. Boring! (left cause I was pregnant)
4. Daycare supervisor in various inner city daycares/preschools. Finally retired after more than 33 years.
FOUR MOVIES I COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER
1. Shirley Valentine (She's my gal!)
2. Hideous Kinky (loved those kids and it was even more precious as it was a true story)
3. Under the Sheltering Sky
4. Alexander (in spite of critics, I've seen it 3 times and just bought the DVD)
FOUR PLACES I'VE LIVED
1. I was born in Estevan but remember Lloyminster Sask. the most
2. Stratford Ontario (I lived here during the war at my Grandpa's)
3. Edmonton Alta.
4. Athens, Greece (my second home. I'd return in a heart-beat!)
FOUR PEOPLE WHO EMAIL ME REGULARLY
FOUR TV SHOWS THAT I WATCH
1. The 6 pm or 11 pm news on CTV
2. The Daily Show
3. Sometimes the History Channel
4. Sometimes Leno or Letterman
FOUR PLACES I'D LIKE TO BE RIGHT NOW
2. any of the Greek islands
3. London Eng
FOUR FAVORITE FOODS
1. BBQ chicken
2. tortellini with 4 cheeses and prawns
3. mushroom/cheese burger
4. roast lamb
FOUR PLACES I HAVE VISITED
1. England/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (Dublin)
2. Greece (and many of the islands)
FOUR EVENTS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR
1. finishing my novel!!!!!
2. making some money from my travel web site
3. my grandson's graduation from university in Santa Barbara CA
4. my visit to Argentina and Chile with Patrick next Nov.
FOUR PEOPLE WHO SHOULD POST FOUR THINGS
OK, there ya go, Michael. That kept me occupied for a little while. I've been too fuzzy-brained to work on my novel lately so maybe little bits of fluffy fun like this will help get those creative juices flowing again!