There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MY TASTE BUDS ARE DANCING!

MONDAY. Today was my first day to experiment with food other than fruits and veggies. However, I decided to take it easy which may be difficult given that I've had a number of lunch and dinner invitations this week. Today my Greek friend S. invited me for lunch. She had prepared delicious Greek food: stuffed green peppers and Greek salad. Luckily it was all vegetarian and very enjoyable of course. Then I was invited for dinner to another friends. I passed on the chicken and stuck to bean salad and potatoe salad and stuffed vine leaves, also carrots dipped in houmus. But later tonight, after we'd attended a poetry reading in honour of Chilean poet Pablo Neruda, we stopped for tea (herbal of course) and I treated myself to a small pastry with honey and almonds. My! after a week without any sweets, my taste buds were dancing! I really don't want to start with sugar again, but this was a special occasion and I really noticed how much the flavours of this were accentuated. My aim is introduce various foods bit by bit to see what agrees with me, what doesn't. Tomorrow I have to work, so I prepared a lunch of hard boiled egg, olives, celery and radishes with one small whole wheat bun and a pear for dessert. I'm planning on tuna salad for dinner.

My general over-all feeling is of great well-being, so why ruin this by going over-board. Besides, I really want to lose a bunch of weight and it's a good idea if I try and stick to mostly vegan meals for awhile and not get back into starchy things or too much meat.

The six days fast was a success. I feel good about that. It was discipline, but I proved I could do it!

No comments: