Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A RANT ABOUT WAR

"It is easier to make war than peace." Georges Clemenceau 1841-1929 "Speech" 1919

I am not, nor will I ever be, a supporter of Israeli policies regarding the Palestinians. And this new war they have provoked, though it seems six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other is, as usual, only serving to harm and kill thousands of innocents as well as displacing the Lebanese (a lot of them Canadians) from their homes and families. This is wrong!

I am currently involved in a 'war' of my own, as of Sunday night when I was rudely disturbed after spending a peaceful and happy day, by the Dragon Lady and Pussy Cat, her ever-so-sweet and two-faced daughters who served me with an eviction notice. There reasons? Dragon Lady wants my suite. I was livid and let them know as much. This is not the first time these devious avaricious bitches have served eviction notices on long-term residents of this building. This time, it happened to be my turn. It should have been no surprise as ever since I first laid eyes on that weasely little woman I knew she was greedily eyeing my apartment.

I first met Dragon Lady in the spring of 2004 when my then landlord (another smooth, sly Chinese man) was touring groups through the building -- mainly requesting a peek at my suite because he said it was the nicest -- pretending they were people from the bank coming to take a look as he was supposedly applying for a mortagage loan. I noted immediately how she kept coming back to greedily eye my suite, and I instantly got bad vibes from her.
They proved to be Liars, all of them!

Following this, there was a brazen daylight robbery on the third floor. Three suites were broken into and a great many items stolem. The landlord was in the building as was another Chinese man on the roof. There were no signs of forced entry. When the manager was informed of the thefts he shrugged it off. A week later we get a notice that he'd sold the building. The Dragon Lady was the new owner and the first thing she did was evict three tenants, one of them a long-term tenant (over 20 yrs) and one of those who had been robbed, on the pretext that family members were moving into their suites. (They never did!) Neither Dragon Lady or her husband speak a word of English so from then on we were dealing with her two young college-student children, Pussy Cat and her equally sly brother. It was all trouble from the word 'go' and has never let up, ending with me being served with this eviction notice.

So, I'm off to 'war' armed with a request for arbitration and twelve pages of recorded complaints and letters from 2004 til now which I have against the managers (most of them never resolved). I will not go quietly from my home. Except for 1 year when I moved out to share an apartment with a friend (bad idea!) I have lived here since 1994. And because I know it is their usual tactics, to oust the long-term residence (except for a Korean family, all were Caucasians and replaced by more Chinese) or to vacate and up the rent because these are dishonest people who have no scruples or ethics are are greedy as sin.

If this sounds faintly racist, well perhaps it is, but with just cause. Yes, I do have lots of other Chinese friends and in fact worked for a year in a Chinese daycare Centre. But these are likely mainland China people who come here thinking they can bend the laws and do as they please -- anything to make a buck. I doubt they are even good Buddhists or they would know that this kind of behavior will provoke bad karma.

Anyway, no matter what I intend to come out a winner and thankfully I have lots of backing from friends. And, in the long-run, no matter what the outcome, I know I'll be better off away from this toxic situation which has been brewing for the last two years. Just the sound of that woman's voice turns my stomach and the sight of her makes me cringe. Evil and nasty is the best word for it. So, I'm going to get my mojo working and put out the Evil Eye. It is I who will be the winner in the end, because harming innocent people can only result in downfall of the perpetrators.

No comments: